Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
627 Posts
I owned a '64 Spider and never thought about the back window wear, etc. Recently bought a '90 Spider and as I was about to leave with my purchase, the PO handed me a bath towel and demonstrated how he always placed the rolled-up towel across the back window as he folded it, telling me that this would keep the back window crease-free and later crack-free. Made sense to me as the window on the original top was extremely clear and blemish-free. Anybody else do this?
I always use the original Alfa Romeo convertible window protective cover on mine. A little more time to use it, but I feel it helps save the back window. Doesn't offer the extra support a rolled up towel would provide. I may have to try that. A word of warning though, make sure the window and towel is clean and free of any grit, otherwise you may wind up scratching your window and not protecting it.

· Registered
627 Posts
Its just a canvas type/colored cloth, a little fleece on the window side. Covers the entire back window area with the 'Alfa' Logo in one color smack dab in the center. Its nothing exciting really. I'd post a pic, but its on the window right now and the hardtop is installed. I'll be removing the hard top in a few days to change the rear shocks. If you'd like I'll get a pic. Let me know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.