Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question, Just purchaced a 91 spider and need to replace the top boot. Is there a differance between the regular spider boot and the veloce boot? From the photos I have seen the regular boot clips show, but the veloce boot seams to be different. There is also a big differance in price. And can you put a veloce boot on a regular spider?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Yes they are very different (especially in price). Mine was missing when I bought my Spider and truthfully, I've never considered getting one. I mean if it was something like $50, maybe but $500, no freakin way.

Seems like it would just be a pain in the *** when you wanted to raise the top anyway. If your aim is to have a concourse winner then you need one, otherwise I say "Fuggettaboudit"

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Top Boot

I'm talking about the boot that covers the top when it is down. The veloce boot looks alot better in my opinion, I'm just interested if the veloce boot will fit my spider.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I'm 99% sure that a Veloce top boot will NOT fit a graduate. You won't have the proper places to snap it down.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Spider Veloce Top Boot

You should definitely get a top boot in any case, I think. It really completes the look with the top down and spares the top from wind buffeting, which eventually rubs grit on the plastic window...you get the idea.

As far as the Veloce boot goes, it comes all the way to the rear seat and clips into the top of the B pillars (the top rear of the doors). The standard S4 Spider only differed from the Veloce in wheels and leather vs. vinyl. (also no map light or lighted passenger mirror) You can order the different B pillars from www.spider-point.com in Germany if you really want to go to the ultimate expense on the top boot!

Have fun with your car, in any case!

-Rob Bitzer
91 Spider AbNormale
Freehold, NJ

·
Registered
35 Posts
I owned a '64 Spider and never thought about the back window wear, etc. Recently bought a '90 Spider and as I was about to leave with my purchase, the PO handed me a bath towel and demonstrated how he always placed the rolled-up towel across the back window as he folded it, telling me that this would keep the back window crease-free and later crack-free. Made sense to me as the window on the original top was extremely clear and blemish-free. Anybody else do this?

·
Registered
627 Posts
I owned a '64 Spider and never thought about the back window wear, etc. Recently bought a '90 Spider and as I was about to leave with my purchase, the PO handed me a bath towel and demonstrated how he always placed the rolled-up towel across the back window as he folded it, telling me that this would keep the back window crease-free and later crack-free. Made sense to me as the window on the original top was extremely clear and blemish-free. Anybody else do this?
I always use the original Alfa Romeo convertible window protective cover on mine. A little more time to use it, but I feel it helps save the back window. Doesn't offer the extra support a rolled up towel would provide. I may have to try that. A word of warning though, make sure the window and towel is clean and free of any grit, otherwise you may wind up scratching your window and not protecting it.

·
Registered
7,391 Posts
I always use the original Alfa Romeo convertible window protective cover on mine. A little more time to use it, but I feel it helps save the back window. Doesn't offer the extra support a rolled up towel would provide. I may have to try that. A word of warning though, make sure the window and towel is clean and free of any grit, otherwise you may wind up scratching your window and not protecting it.
what is the original alfa romeo convertible window protective cover?

·
Registered
627 Posts
Its just a canvas type/colored cloth, a little fleece on the window side. Covers the entire back window area with the 'Alfa' Logo in one color smack dab in the center. Its nothing exciting really. I'd post a pic, but its on the window right now and the hardtop is installed. I'll be removing the hard top in a few days to change the rear shocks. If you'd like I'll get a pic. Let me know.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Yea my dad's '87 Quad had the lil fleece thing you are talking about. We put it on also when the hard top went on each winter. I think its kind of neat myself!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts