Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After performing a compression and leakdown test on a 91 Spider it was decided to adjust the valves.
After everything was all back together the starter would turn the motor over just fine, fuel pumps are coming on but not spark and the injectors are not firing.
I was doing some pin out readings on the ECU multipin connector under the rear package shelf and discovered pin number 3 had no voltage. My manual says it should be connected to the ignition system? I do not have a diagram which shows how the ECU is wired in relation to the car. Can anyone shed some light on this?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Please, check your ignition coil. Just a suggestion. My 91 Veloce had starting, idling and actual running issues. The coil was near dead! This after a lot of testing. Esp the idle actuator valve IAV, throttle link, o2 sensor, and new fuel sending unit. Dang ignition coil. $85.

·
Registered
9,401 Posts
.......but not spark and the injectors are not firing....
first thing I'd check would be the main motronic relay under rear shelf (red stripe, relay with diode / Bosch 0 332 014 112)

remove it and check resistance between pins #85 and #86 of relay itself (black lead to #85/red lead to #86)
you should get around 600-770 ohms (0.6-0.77 K.ohm)

if no reading, it's bad.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, the coil has been replaced. I will test the relay as suggested and let you know what I find

1 - 6 of 6 Posts