Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gray has 112k miles ready for a better home, we just dont have the time to mess with it. It is not running, it turns over and we thought it was the fuel pump (however it is not) I suspect its the timing belt sensor that went out on it but honestly just dont wanna mess with it. I talked to my brother and fam we agreed to let yall have the first pick on it.Ill try and get some pics for yall in a bit. It is a standard, sounded great when it did run def will need timing belt.

·
Registered
98 Posts
There are a couple of things you may want to take off of it if you decide to scrap it. Mostly unobtanium items. The roof center console are in high demand, even broken and in pieces. inside and outside door handles are also in demand all the time. What year and model is it?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Hi Baxter

Where are those photos you promised us ? It's Jan 6th, surely your not still hung over??;)
Bye
I will get some this week we bought a new truck that my dad is now gonna drive. Its a romero sorry for the delay its been crazy. And location is Mineral Wells, Texas 76067 Its not the timing belt, It does turn over/crank just no fire. Belt is still on it (granted it will def need replaced). What happened is my brother bought it and a week later it started stumbling one day he had to keep pressing the gas to keep it going. After that it never fired again. We changed the pump and nothing, After what I read it looks like its possibly the timing belt sensor? yall know better than me on all that we just do not have the time to play around with it anymore, its really in great shape no dents, paint is pretty good outside the spider area of the bumper. Ill def get yall some pics prob tomorrow or Friday at the latest. It has 112k miles on it, leather seats and all that. In between me and my dad I can only deal with one project right now and thats my z lol. The alfa is a great car but just to much for me to deal with. And idk what its worth whatever yall think to be honest. Clean title btw. ill get back on and get yall some pics when I can (sorry for this horrible grammer).

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Also it has everything including the air box... its all in the car.. didnt reinstall because we got tired of trying. As far as the modules in the passenger seat they should all still work.. my brother changed the ecu out but even that is still there.. and it has the clickers to lock the car. It sounded nice when it ran unfortunately I only got to see it run once for 20 mins (brother brought it by and that was it.. he drove it for a week than it stopped running all together. He stated everything worked in the car including heated seats apparently but take all that as a whim because I dont know of a way to make sure about anything since it wont start.. it runs over but thats it.

·
Premium Member
15,558 Posts
You know, if the car is going to be photographed for a potential sale, one might think that all the leaves and everything in the car and engine compartment would be cleaned up, and made to look taken care of (yes, I realize this is just a minor nit). Not that I necessarily think there is anything basically wrong with the car, but at least the seller could make it look as if it was taken care of. At that mileage, the engine should be just fine. Probably something simple killing the spark. I assume the car has been repainted, or at least the lower molding?

·
Premium Member
799 Posts
I think the Fair Market Value (FMV) for a 164 project car like this is about $300. What does everybody else think? I know this number seems low but

On this forum, 164's have sold for

Running driving, nicely painted 164 S went for $800. Yes I know that car had issues but so does this one.

Price was never given, but owner indicated, that if it didn't sell he was going to donate to charity.

For Sale - 1991 Alfa Romeo 164 L $1250

$1250 for an automatic 1991L with a nice interior & exterior.

Now yes, there have been many adds which I did not include where the asking price was several thousand dollars. However most of those were desirable models like the "S" or there car was in much nicer shape. Also the actual selling price was never disclosed, so what the owner had to accept may have been much lower.

Comments, arguments rebuttals, anybody ?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts