Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1991 Alfa Romeo Spider

Rossa Red with tan leather interior, this beautiful Alfa Spider is in great shape. Originally I was on a five year plan to have this Spider restored but an upcoming job change has forced me to sell this early. I will have the items that need attention(listed below) serviced if the car does not sell in a reasonable amount of time but will, of course, drive up the price later. Take advantage of a unique Spider now while it is at such a good price.

I've owned this car for the last two years and the previous owner was a family friend. Both him and I pampered this Alfa, never drove it if there was even a chance of rain. The paint always takes people by surprise, it looks factory new. The Spider is mechanically solid, it is a blast to drive. Recent maintenance includes new brakes, u-joints, flex joint, and drive shaft cradle. Everything works as it should except otherwise stated below. I urge you to come take a look at this so you can see for yourself how unique this Spider is.

Overview

• 54,000 miles
  • Garage Kept
  • Clean Carfax
  • Complete Records with Original Window Sticker
  • All Original Manuals
  • Tonneau Cover
  • 2 sets of keys
  • New CD Player professionally installed(Also have stock for originality)
  • New Top to match the interior
  • Like new tires, 80% tread left
  • K&N Filter installed
  • Your Common Alfa
  • Air Bag Indicator light is illuminated, a well known Alfa issue that can be reset.
  • At low RPM the muffler will make a vibrating noise.

Not so Common Alfa
  • 2nd to 3rd gear produces no grinding noise, all gears shift smoothly.
  • Fully functional Clock, Windows, and stereo(many people are surprised to learn that these still work on an Alfa).
  • Paint job looks factory new apart from the pictured dent and some light marks on the front.
  • This Alfa has had no body work to it.
  • The Jack, Spare, and Hardware have not been touched since leaving the factory.
  • I have all service records including original purchase sticker.
  • Professionally restored leather seats.
  • Dash is perfect, no fading or cracking.

What Needs Work
  • Tachometer does not always register, it is intermittent(I assume it to be a loose connection in the wiring harness).
  • Air conditioning does not work(I have not had this looked at yet but it seems to be the motor).
  • Driver side mirror paint has oxidized due to sun exposure(as seen in pictures, it had been next to a window).

As stated I will have these addressed if the vehicle does not sell quickly, I had not expected to have to sell this so soon. The price of this Spider will increase once these have been repaired. Thanks for looking at this Alfa, I would be happy to answer any questions you may have as well as supply more pictures to those that request them.

More pictures: http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...ype=b&num_records=25&cardist=0&standard=false

Attachments

·
Registered
570 Posts
Nice example and well priced in my opinion (price is $9,500 as indicated on the link). For clarity, is the top tan as shown on the BB photos, or black as shown on the Autotrader photos?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts