Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the Boston area and have recently begun a pretty exhaustive search for a Spider in the 91-94 period. I have a friend who is as knowledgeable about Alfa's as you will find anywhere and he's advised me that "you get what you pay for."
If you have some leads in the region or outside, please let me know. I have seen a couple of 91's that interest me...one in particular is magnificent.
45K miles, one owner, seemingly very well maintained...I spoke with the dealer yesterday and am awaiting paperwork. $12K. Seems reasonable...would love to hear opinions.

Thanks

·
Administrator
16,661 Posts
I assume you know about Alfa Owners of New England. Don't see any S4 Spiders in the current classifieds but that'd be one place to browse.

Don't limit yourself to Spiders nearby. You might find a good deal on a Southern Spider (less likely to have rust issues...) and then get a road trip out of it! For example, Peter Krause at Krause and England in Raleigh, NC often has (or knows of) good cars for sale.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are absolutely right...i am aware of that. The only way that i would look at something in this part of the country is if it had zero rust. I haven't checked out anything AOONE site yet, but will definitely shortly. Thanks Eric, I appreciate the quick response.

·
Registered
1 Posts
1991 Alfa Spider

I have a very nice 1991 Alfa Romeo Spider that I would like to sell. It is red, and has 60 thousand miles. It is a California car and is in good condition. It is one of the rare automatic transmission models. I will sell it for much less than 12K so even with transport costs you could be money ahead. I have a 1962 spider and last year aquired a 1972 Montreal. I need the garage space!
lw

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the info...i actually am only looking for a manual transmission. i probably should have made that clearer.
m

1 - 8 of 8 Posts