Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Thinking, thinking

Beautiful car! Right price! This car definitely deservers a new loving, fastidious owner. Wonder if anybody on the board from CO is traveling to WI over the next few weeks, or if anybody knows a car hauler who will still have an available spot as they approach or depart the upper US midwest in the next couple of weeks time? Thinking, thinking......

·
Registered
84 Posts
This would go nicely next to my silver/black GTV6...too bad you're so far away!

Good luck with it...

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Available, $4500

Some of you may recall this car being for sale about a year ago. I was posting it for an elderly longtime AROC and FCOA member who was the original owner and took fastidious care of the car. I ended up buying the car from him- (it was just too amazingly clean to pass up) and have enjoyed it for the last year, putting 3,000 trouble free miles or so on it and attending to some odds and ends. I just pulled it out of winter storage and have decided to pass the car on to new owner to allow room for a vintage project.

alfa164_007.jpg

The car got a lot of response last time it was listed but no one pulled the trigger. It was even picked up by a blogger on the website Just A Car Geek

The car comes with a huge file folder of every service receipt and invoice, down to the factory original window sticker and sales literature. It now shows 167k miles, but is outstanding in every way. Most of the miles were put on by the elderly first owner and were highway miles. Again, this car checks out A-1 mechanically and needs nothing. Fly in and drive home confidently.

I put an idler bearing in it and an oil and filter change, but otherwise nothing since my ownership. Previous big ticket items were a transmission overhaul (including clutch) at 159k miles. Tires and alignment were new at 158k with Continentals, exhaust was done with OEM parts, brakes good. Stepper motor functions excellent-no issues- and everything works as it should. A/C Components were completely replaced at 158k but it now needs a charge. Timing belt was done at 137k. All work was done by the local Alfa Romeo dealership.

Niggling problems are a small seeping seal at the distributor, has not been bothersome enough for me to address it. No oil on the driveway under this car and no smoke.

Interior is excellent. No tears and only showing a small beginning of patina to the Bankers Grey leather.

Overall this is a rare opportunity to get an extremely unmolested, unmodified and excellent driving car. The car is smooth powerful and quiet. This could easily be entered in a show as it sits and is a future classic.

Last time it was offered at $5500, I will discount the car $1000 to $4500 for a quick sale. Please see the lastest photos taken today. I am happy to answer any questions regarding this car TO SERIOUSLY INTERESTED PARTIES. Please PM me.

Fly in and I will pick you up at the Milwaukee airport, otherwise I have a commercial shipper who will transport it to SLC-LAX-SFO for $600. Car is in Milwaukee WI 1 hour north of Chicago.
[/ATTACH]
IMG_1515.jpg

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts