Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if anyone could help me find an interior dash kit

i have a 1991 alfa romeo 164L and it seems none of the "standard" dash kit sites carry the model, and i'd rather not have to send in my pieces to have them dipped

i just want to add some flair, lol

oh and is it possible to get the gray bumper painted the same red as the body?

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
The lower body cladding is just painted grey and can be painted any colour you want using the right paint. I assume it uses a flexible paint like plastic bumper covers use. I think the S cam with body colour mouldings or perhaps it was the later LS models. Anyway, not all 164 have grey lower cladding.

Can't help you with the "dash kit".

·
Premium Member
9,861 Posts
i was wondering if anyone could help me find an interior dash kit

i have a 1991 alfa romeo 164L and it seems none of the "standard" dash kit sites carry the model, and i'd rather not have to send in my pieces to have them dipped

i just want to add some flair, lol

oh and is it possible to get the gray bumper painted the same red as the body?
No kits unless you have one especially made and they never look good. Don't bother. The kits always looked after-market.
Or if you have to try Folia-tec, they have some wood and carbon fiber stick on pieces you can buy and cut to fit.

Lower cladding, can be painted using SEM paint which is a perfect match.

39273 is a perfect match for the grey lower cladding. Smoke Metalliac. I can barely tell if at all any difference.

Jason

·
Registered
596 Posts
SEM bumper coaters
39033 Charcoal Trim Metallic

there's also 39193 Dark Gray but I used the former on my S.

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
If you look at the color combos on the digest.net archives you will find that certain colors had other than gray bumpers and cladding. I forget which, but the champagne and anthracite metallic ones come to mind. For as-stock examples.

Some of the threads on the Spider and Milano forums speak about re-working dashes without going through companies like "just dashes."

Michael

1 - 5 of 5 Posts