Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
I've got one in perfect condition. Only $3000

Comes free with a perfect condition right headlight, plus the rest of the 90, plus fitted revalved koni Yellows, lower and stiffer rear springs, Volvo front brake calipers and braided lines, race seat and harness, and surge tank. Unfortunately no rear seat, carpets, centre console, headlining or stereo. Oh, and aircon will be off in a week or so.

Hang on, just realised I have the rear seat in the garage still, will throw that in as well.

Oh, what the hell, and the briefcase! Can't do better than that!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Almost forgot, comes with a set of 156 16" wheels, fitted with Kumho Ecsta R tyres in 205/45, plus 2 spare Kumhos and two spare Dunlop Do1Js (all half worn).

Attached pic of the headlight before the dampers, springs and brakes were fitted. As you can see, the headlight is in perfect condition.

Attachments

·
Registered
200 Posts
Almost forgot, comes with a set of 156 16" wheels, fitted with Kumho Ecsta R tyres in 205/45, plus 2 spare Kumhos and two spare Dunlop Do1Js (all half worn).

Attached pic of the headlight before the dampers, springs and brakes were fitted. As you can see, the headlight is in perfect condition.

Your 90 is worth buying for the briefcase C&S, but Im not sure the 90 would be my first choice alfa for a track car!

So how does it go? Particulalry after the mods. Alfetta eater or what?

·
Registered
143 Posts
She goes surprisingly well on the track actually. She does still roll a bit, but I have some very big torsion bars on the way which should help with that problem. But even with the roll it does hang on really well, and it's very progressive and communicative. A four-wheel drift through turn one at Phillip Island at 185km'h will attest to that!!

The brakes are the major problem, they start to fade after two laps, and are pretty much gone after 5 laps. Hence the upgrade to Volvo calipers. She gets fuel surge with half a tank left, although it's good to have a full tank anyway to try and counteract some of the weight at the front!!

So overall, it's a lot better on the track than you might imagine. As standard she was 1-2 seconds behind GTV6's/TS 75's, but with the mods at present she's slightly quicker than standard Alfettas and GTV6s, and is presently 2-4 seconds (depending on track) behind a couple of 105s with Twin Sparks fitted. Can't wait to catch them!! I have some really good dices at present with a couple of mates in race-prepped Sud/Sprints. I'm 0.5-1 second quicker than them at the moment, but they keep finding new things to do to go faster, so I have to as well!! Great fun.

I only half-jokingly have her for sale. I always said I'd never sell her, she's given me too many good times already. But I've found a very nice ex-sports-sedan gtv for sale for $4.5k, and am very tempted by that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts