Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put one of these in last year, also with gasket sealant.. But was always leaking at the front corner down into the spark plug.

When i get the new gasket, should i use just the gasket? A bit of sealant just in the corners? Or all over again?

Cheers

·
Registered
870 Posts
I put one of these in last year, also with gasket sealant.. But was always leaking at the front corner down into the spark plug.

When i get the new gasket, should i use just the gasket? A bit of sealant just in the corners? Or all over again?

Cheers
I don't use any sealant at all, as my camcover and head have very good, relatively unblemished sealing surfaces.
If you have a dink in the place where it leaks, then I'd just use a non-setting sealant in that place only.
You shouldn't need to use any sealant at all, if you have two good surfaces, but over the years those surfaces get marked and inevitably will leak at some stage.
Use a good quality gasket too.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers. The sealant i used last time was semi-hardening. (which turns out, isnt much semi about it at all)

Gasket is from Alfaholics.

Im just wondering if there was a tiny bit of oil left on the head when i put the gasket on

1 - 3 of 3 Posts