Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys, I'm restoring a 6C 2500 Freccia D'Oro and i'm searching for its final color. We are currently undergoing all the body works and getting ready little by little for the paint!

I really like the color of the 8C 2900B Lungo which is in the Alfa Romeo Museum, but up to now it is not possible to find the specific color code. After reading some threads about colors of that era, i understood that there were no specific color code at that time so, the only color reference i have is this 8C.

I would be grateful if someone has any knowledge on this.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Hi KMS atelier ansd welcome on the perfect discussion area for alfa nuts !

Nice car you are working on.

The color of the 2.9 seems to be "blue celeste" AR 301, or it's very close.

Share with us your restoration. It's not so common.

All the best

Chris

·
Push hard and live
11,884 Posts
I am amused when people try to use a "code" to paint a car.

In modern times, using sophisticated measuring devices and mixing TONS of paint at a time, not a few gallons, a car manufacturer might achieve a degree of consistency over time. A degree of consistency, not perfection.

Trying to duplicate even modern colors using modern paint and a "code" is a fool's errand. When I work with my body and paint guy, he insists on completing the paint application in as short a time as possible, as the final color can vary due to temperature, humidity, and other factors.

Meanwhile, trying to duplicate a color in a photo presumes the registration of the photo is the same as reality. Ha!

Find an example of the color you want and a brilliant color-guy. Mix and match to get what you like. Shoot a test panel. Adjust. Shoot more test panels. More adjustment.

Paint.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.