Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the G-73 connector for the rear service physically located. Do I need to take out carpet of center console to find it ?

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1989 wiring problem

Working on turn signals. I have trased wires hot to turn signal. everything seems good up to this point. Volts reading 12.95.

Looking at under side of turn signal switch I find the following.
1. Black 12.94 volts
2. Blue wire reads 0 turn on turn signals get 6.95

Where does the blue wire go to next ??
Rear connector G73 then on to the rear

·
1966-2013
13,741 Posts
If solid blue and the same as the papajam diagram I'm looking at it goes:
Switch to connector where it splits to the hazard switch along with carrying on to another connector that in turn splits to the front and rear right turn signal. Wire is blue all the way from switch through connectors to the lamps themselves.

·
Administrator
17,046 Posts
Isn't black the ground wire? If you remove the turn signal's light bulb and hold the red probe of your voltmeter to the black wire and the meter's black probe to bare metal on the body it shouldn't show any volts. And it you do the same with the blue wire it should show no volts with the turn signal switch off and on-off-on-off voltage with the light switch on. Assuming your meter has some sort of dampening in its circuit it might not show full battery voltage as it switches on-off-on-off, thus the 6.95V sort of makes sense.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
1989 wiring problem

Here is what my car has.
1. HOt from fuse 5.
2. Red hot wire goes to jumper in fuse box.
3. Red wire from jumper in fuse box goes to N-13 (+terminal)
4. N-13 (L terminal) Hot with a white with a black stripe goes to jumper in fuse box.
5. jumper comes in with white with a black stripe goes out BLACK to turn signal mswitch.

My volt meter showed the following.
fuse 5 12.95
n-13 + 12.95
n-13 L white with a black stripe 12.95
jumper from n-13 L white with black strip turns to a black wire 12.94
black wire from jumper in fuse box to turn signal switch 12.93
blue wire reads 0 volts
blue wire with turn signal turn on 8.60 is this correct based on the intermintance of volts.
I also can not find the blue with black stripe which feeds the other sided. Is it located somewhere else,

·
1966-2013
13,741 Posts
The one I'm looking at shows a black from section E on the back of the fusebox going directly to the stalk, then blue to right side f/r lights and blue w/black to the left side f/r lights. From the lights there's black to ground.

There's a jump off point where both blue and blue/black also service the hazard flashers, but the signals should still work even if the hazard switch is outright disconnected.

From the same E section, a white with black trace goes to the flasher unit L terminal.

From the same E section, there's a white with black trace that goes to the hazard light switch.

From the flasher unit P terminal, a blue with black trace goes to turn signal indicator on the dash.
On the other side of the indicator there's a black to ground.
*monopod may differ in that regard as the PCB deals with that stuff, but the circut itself is likely the same

From the flasher unit + terminal, there's a red that goes to fuse 5.

Fuse 5 is serviced by a heavy gauge red directly from the alternator junction block on the left inner fender.

·
1966-2013
13,741 Posts
If I'm looking at it right, you should be able to jumper the blue or blue with black trace (or both of those at once if you wanna test all 4 corners at once) at the stalk switch to the black at the stalk switch to determine if the signal light circut works up to said switch.

If so, then something's likely wonky in the switch, if not, then something before it is at odds.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1989 wiring problem

I will post photo of turn signal switch. I can't find blue black wire. I follow on what you say how to check.
also with turn signal on the blue wire at turn signal switch reads 8.60 volts . Should it be more or less.
thanks for the help

·
1966-2013
13,741 Posts
If it's got 12V coming in on the black, it should have 12V coming out on whatever contact its making internally as I don't believe there's any resistors or such in the switch itself. (all the lamps are 12V, so I can't see where 'dumbing down' the voltage would be neccisary)

How many wires do you have coming off the switch?
It's gotta be 3 at minimum regardless of color: power, left circut, right circut.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts