Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, seems minor, but what the hell do I know?

Alternator pivot bolt came loose on the '89 Quad, crept forward into the cooling fan. Fortunately, it was at idle, so no damage other than three blades shredded.

Struggled to remove the radiator, after first detaching the shroud. Now struggling to get the radiator back in, past the shroud, because it looks as though the shroud has to be in place around the fan first, then re-attached to the radiator. Right??

Any suggestions? Can the radiator be put back with the shroud attached? Is this a two man job?

Sheesh...

·
1966-2013
13,741 Posts
Hang the shroud over/on the fan, install the radiator, mount the shroud to the radiator, that's about it. :shrug:

Or, to go the long way:

Remove the fan, install the radiator, hang the shroud on the water pump, install the fan, install the shroud.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I was doing it this way:
hood (4 bolts)*
rad shroud, hang on fan, radiator, pull shroud out, pull fan etc...
though i do not have shroud no more...
putting back as easy...

*)Never ever try to remove hood by yourself, it is soooo easy to F*** up paint.... ask me how do I known.. now for removing and putting back im always ask for help my wife... besides that it is a piece of cake :)

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, guys. Just after I posted on Sunday, I studied the shroud and the room that was there and did the following:

Place shroud over fan, moved it back on the water pump as much as possible while moving it to the driver's side and behind a body flange.

This allowed the lower hose fitting on the radiator to clear the outside of the shroud while going around and below the shroud and dropping into position. Bolted in the radiator and then the shroud onto the radiator, replaced all hoses and coolant and voila!

Deceptively simple, yes...shrug, indeed. All is running as it should.

Sorry for the late reply. Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts