Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Up for sale a bona fide qualifying and finishing $2014 Grassroots Motorsports Challenge Car!! $2000 obo. Picked it up 1 day before the event this Oct. Drove it from St Augustine FLA to Gainesville FLA to compete in the autocross, drag race, and concours event. Finished 32 out of 34 finishers. Lots of compliments but out of its league compared to the other fine examples of $2014 cars competing, but I did beat out two others!!
Autocross was fine but about 9 sec slower than the winner, drag race...well I topped 70mph and in the teens like all the other fast cars!! Winner was 10sec. I was 19 sec.

Running 89 spider veloce 2L. Body is in good shape, good windows, good top, good seats, half way decent Pirelli tires on Daytona wheels. Give me a call/text/PM etc to make a deal. Car is in St Augustine FLA. Take an nice vacation and drive it home.
Tom 775-815-1105

Attachments

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
more photos

Attachments

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SOLD!!! and headed to baton rouge Louisiana. :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
I love how a decent drivable Spider can still be had for $2000. I bought mine for around $2500 about 4 years ago, super clean, newer interior and top and a Veloce too boot. Drove it for two years and sold it for $2000 to a buyer from Canada. I chuckle when I see people asking outrageous prices for them now that Alfa is making a return. There's an S4 on Ebay with 30,000 miles that they are asking $38,000 for. It's beautiful but what a joke. There is also a 1989 Ferrari Mondial Spider with the same mileage for $38,000. What would one rather have? Hmmm...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Bump?? I'm thinking this add is going to pop again in the for sale section when I click "post quick reply".. I'm not computer/forum savvy. I bought the grassroots spider last December and wanted to let ya'll know I have entered the Spider in the $2015 challenge & am leaving for Gainesville Thursday to run the event. Seller was easy to work with and the deal went smooth. Did a complete brake job, found numerous vacuum leaks, hooked up the 02 sensor, changed engine, gearbox, rear end fluids. Countless hours of detailing etc. Just wanted to update the board. Gotta go, Chris

1 - 6 of 6 Posts