Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Alfisti - I just removed my leaking clutch master cyl and took it apart - The cyl is in good shape - no corrosion or rust damage. All I need is a rebuild kit - mostly rubber seals. Where to find one? I don't want to spend $120 on a new part. and i checked with Centerline and Vick and ebay - no luck. Does anyone know of a source ?
Ciao
Lorenzo

·
Premium Member
5,771 Posts
The problem is there were 3 to 4 manufacturers. Each one a little different. Classic Alfa has a seal kit. Read the description to make sure it will work on yours.

Also Amazon has a new master cylinder for 60.00. The boot is to big in diameter to go though the hole will its attached to the master cylinder. So pull the boot off the lip of the cylinder. install it then put the boot back on the lip.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The problem is there were 3 to 4 manufacturers. Each one a little different. Classic Alfa has a seal kit. Read the description to make sure it will work on yours.

Also Amazon has a new master cylinder for 60.00. The boot is to big in diameter to go though the hole will its attached to the master cylinder. So pull the boot off the lip of the cylinder. install it then put the boot back on the lip.

Grazie Molto Jim - Because there are several manufacturers of the cylinder I am going to see if i can ID th one I have now. Also fo the amazon cyl, after checking the reviews I think I will take a chance for that price even tho its made in China

LorenzQ

·
Premium Member
5,771 Posts
Its working fine on my son's Berlina.

The quality looks good.

ATE made the master cylinders that came on the Alfas. I have been that impressed with the brake master cylinders they are making. Also there not made in Germany anymore.

Centric is a huge company that is now suppling oem parts to manufacturers.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its working fine on my son's Berlina.

The quality looks good.

ATE made the master cylinders that came on the Alfas. I have been that impressed with the brake master cylinders they are making. Also there not made in Germany anymore.

Centric is a huge company that is now suppling oem parts to manufacturers.
Hi Jim - I just ordered the Centric from Amazon $60 + free shipping !
thx for your input
LorenzQ

1 - 5 of 5 Posts