Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to authenticate the wheels of my '89 Graduate.
I presently have blue/grey stamped rims with hub caps.

It appears the stock option is not particularly popular given the number of non-standard Graduate wheels I see.

Can anyone tell me the correct wheel colour and proper chrome details? Photos help.

Appreciated. Former MGA guy now obsessed Alfa guy.
Rob

·
1966-2013
13,741 Posts
Should be the wheels you have in something like a silver with polished centercaps that are held on by the lug nuts, SS trim ring on the outer edge.

Like the attached, though the trim rings are missing in this example.

However, if I'm actually mistaken then it would be the wheels you have with plastic 'phone dial' wheel covers as shown below that make things look like the aluminum wheels as found on the other spider models.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Rob, here is a picture of my '88 Grad with the factory plastic wheel covers. The wheels are stamped steel painted gray.

Attachments

·
Registered
416 Posts
Dang! Tifosi beat me to it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks

Looks like I do actually have the original equipment for the Graduate. The caps are the "phone dial" plastic.
I will redirect my car fund moneys to other areas of the car!

Many thanks.
Rob

·
1966-2013
13,741 Posts
If you've not been yet, please to click the 'Spider L-jet diagnostic' link in my signature block below, then bookmark/favorites it once there.

You'll find a very good rundown of the EFI and electronic ignition systems specific to your car.

Oh, and pictures.
We'll be wanting pictures.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Eric,

I can only aspire to your status! I need to try to find a way to bolt a baby seat in behind the Alpha seats!! Once that is done then I move to the lift and MGA Mark II deluxe.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I replaced the plastic phone dial hub caps with the real wheels. They look better, but are heavy!

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts