Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1988 Spider Veloce. Working on the interior. Removed radio and lousy wiring job from PO ( twisted wires and electrical tape). Left the radio pigtail connected but there is a connector with cut wires and one that has the ACC wire from the pigtail connected to it. There are 8 wires ( 4 cut) on one part of the harness and the one connector with 4 wires. There's no AC or hardtop in this car. Does anyone know whether these wires should be connected to something? I have a workshop manual but I think you need a microscope and an ENIGMA machine to read and decode the schematics.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Investigated. The cut wires are L and R rear speakers. Don't know which is which yet. Trial and error will tell.

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
Investigated. The cut wires are L and R rear speakers. Don't know which is which yet. Trial and error will tell.
yellow/black and the grey/yellow are passenger side rear speaker
blue/black and yellow/green for the driver's side

when you have the late, great Jim papajam's beautifully drawn and colored wiring schematics, you don't need an enigma machine;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yellow/black and the grey/yellow are passenger side rear speaker
blue/black and yellow/green for the driver's side

when you have the late, great Jim papajam's beautifully drawn and colored wiring schematics, you don't need an enigma machine;)
Thanks spiderserie4. I was on the alfabb site well before working on my S3 and read many papajam posts and responses. Seemed like a very nice guy and well respected. Sorry about his passing as he was a big part of alfabb.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts