Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear List:
I have just made a deal for the 1988 Spider Veloce I have mentioned earlier on this list. We agreed on a price that makes this a reasonable project for me and I think we are both happy.
What I DO need is the pertinent Haynes Manual and or the Owners' Manual. Does anyone have a good source for these? Let me know which books you use and
Thanks! Excited to join the list and
Cheers
Andy

·
Administrator
16,460 Posts
Start in the 'anything about Alfa Romeos' section of the BB. Look for the 'supplier list' thread for lots of resources.

I have a copy of the shop manuals & owner's manuals on a CD from http://www.cardisc.com/ and a couple of Pat Braden's books. Those and this BB should be all the reading material you'll need!

Eric

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. would you CD cover body and interior items, like how to dismantle the center console, remove seats, and show how the spare tire is supposed to be stowed?
Lots of little items like that I need
Thanks
Andy

·
Administrator
16,460 Posts
The CD has copies of the owners manual, shop manual, convertable top manual, engine overhaul, electrical diagrams (but the ones PapaJam makes are better!), TSB's, etc. Probably just about anything one could have found in an Alfa dealer's repair shop.

I don't recall if it has specific instructions with minute details for every possible task. But it has plenty of instructions, drawings, etc.

Well worth the price.

Eric

Here is a screen shot of the owner's manual contents page.

Attachments

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, I think that we have reached a deal that we are both happy about. I hope you agree....
Now I can come to events!
Cheers
Andy

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
iracema1 said:
Yes, I think that we have reached a deal that we are both happy about. I hope you agree....
Now I can come to events!
Cheers
Andy
I'm just glad it's going to a good home! :) I'd love to see it at future events!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Your dad is moving some alfas lately! Last week he sold his LS, here his '88 spider, and I am going to pick up the '91 spider on Friday. The '91's a little rough, but I like the S4 body. Now I need to find a new home for my '79 sedan.

Doug

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hey Andy I just missed you. I picked up the '91 spider Marty had. I had a real fun drive home in the rain and Giants traffic. BUT I made it.

Doug

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
Hey Doug and Andy,

Hope you both enjoy your cars :D and I will keep tabs ;)

You guys missed each other by a few minutes.

And Doug, you left your briefcase there. My dad has some sort of manual for you too. Call him @ (510)816-9171

·
Registered
215 Posts
Yeah, as I was getting out of the spider at home I noticed my briefcase was missing. All the cash is gone now though:D Just my italian course book left. But I can probably get by without it for the weekend. I will probably pick it up during the week after work, but I'll call. Your Dad probably sold more Alfas this week since any dealer in 10 years!

Thanks

Doug

1 - 11 of 11 Posts