Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great running, '88 Milano Verde, 3.0L, $3,200 obo, 126k miles. I bought the car from Potenziato in San Jose, (see Blatta thread). I use the car on weekends in Reno as a street/track car for HDPE and SCCA Club trials events. Handles great on the street and track, accelerates very well through all gears and rpms. I'd like to keep the car but garage space is limited. My limited space is your gain in a great running car.

All mechanical in good shape. Power steering works well, no leaks, ABS brakes still working well. Transmission shifts very well, no 2nd gear crunch. Wheels are 15x6 Campy wheels and are straight, with 225x15 Khumos with 75% tread left. Car does not overheat even after 20 minute track sessions in 100 degree heat. I use Redline water wetter. Oil pressure is very good, does not eat oil. Tack readings are right on, speedo reads 5mph more than actual

All electrical works very well, ARC works, pwr windows and sunroof, new Sony CD radio. Guages all work.

Interior in good shape, redid the back seat, all door panels in good shape, carpet good, no sagging headliner, Recaro passenger seat in good condition, Recaro drivers seat is starting to get worn but not in tatters.

A/C was taken out by PO. Heater valve sticks. Fan works very well.

Here's a list of what I have added to the car:

- New Earl Scheibe black paint job, 6 yr warranty. Not the top of the line but makes the car shine.
- New Magnaflow rear exhaust, and exhaust pipe system. I took out the old oval pipes and center exhaust and replaced with nice flowing round piping. Sounds better than ever.
- Bilstien sport shocks
- New Centerline drilled/slotted rotors and pads, front and back, new steel braided brake lines. 4DOT brake fluid.
- Greg Gordons silicon vacuum hoses.
- New windshield, all the glass in nice and clear, free of pitting and cracks
- New sony cd/radio
- Timing belt replace about 5k ago, water pump, 30k ago.
- Oil and filter changed every 3k, or after every HDPE event

This is a really nice Verde and I hate to part with it. PM if you need more photos. I'm located in Reno, NV. Come on out, pick up the car, play some black jack and win the monies to pay for the car!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
more photos

Attachments

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
more photos, center armrest has been redone with black vinyl,

Attachments

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
more photos, I have a set of Stiluato wheels that I can trade for the Campy wheels. The Stiluatos are my track wheels and have Hoosier slicks mounted, they have some curb rash. If you want the Stiluato wheels instead of the Campy wheels, you would have to pay to switch out the Hoosiers for the Khumos. I have included a photo of the wheels and what they look like on the car. Again send me a PM if you're interested in the car. I'm in Reno, NV.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
I'm shocked at how inexpensive this is. It's a Verde(!), and it seems like a good one at that! Plus, how can anyone go wrong at that asking price? I'd make that asking price the "starting price", and entertain offers above the starting price!

Best regards,

·
Registered
726 Posts
The car looks good Tom! I kinda miss it. If I had the room, I'd buy the car back from you.

Tom is a good guy and somebody will be getting a good Christmas present.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If interested in the car, call me anytime at 775-815-1105.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bump...no one want a milano for christmas??? maybe i'll have to wait until spring.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
bump...no one want a milano for christmas??? maybe i'll have to wait until spring.

Tom,

That is a good looking Milano Verde. I miss my Verde so much. You want a gold in part trade?

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That sounds interesting. PM some photos/condition of the gold and how much cash you might be willing to part with.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here are a few phots under the car, up on the lift.

Attachments

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
bump, its the after Xmas sale today, again $3200 obo. car can be driven anywhere.

Call email me if interested:

Tom Mackowiak
Reno, NV
775-815-1105
[email protected]

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
bump, bump, not a big market for Verdes these days. I'm even lookig to trade it in on a Berlina/Guilia Super or even a Spider. No rush in selling the car, just want to move on with it.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Maybe if I lower the price down to $2900, I might get some interest.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Car has been sold, going back to San Jose.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Congrats on the sale!

Did the Stilautos go with the car?

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Do you guys know Dave Berners? He's a younger guy who lives in San Jose. Maybe he'll do the Milano day at Buttonwillow. It was a bit far for me, over 400 miles, one way.

Anyway, if you don't know Dave, I'll contact him and make sure he gets into the Bay Area Milano Mafia.

By the way, Dave insisted I put the Stilauto's back on the Blatta, with some brand new tires.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts