Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
If you read the factory workshop manual PA3748, Fuel System 04-2 (Sect 04page 2) DESCRIPTION, you will find a list of all the inputs into the FI Control Unit.

One of them is "Starter motor signal".

I believe this a signal (wire) from the ignition switch to pin 2 of the female connector of the FI control unit.

Intuitively it would appear that the injector pulse is inhibited when the starter motor is being cranked.

There is not much of substance said about this, but if you look at the wiring diagram LOL... Section 40-16 you will see a wire connected from the ignition switch to the Injection control unit.

I believe that in the Start key position: AVV ("Avviamento" in italian) that the injectors may be silenced.

I may be all wet, but I think that you may have to look at the ignition switch and the signal to the FI control unit terminal mentioned above. You have ruled out everything else......

One last thing, please note that there is differences in FI contol units 82 to 85 (Gold bosch tab) vs 85 to 89 (green bosch tab). However I believe that they only differ in ability to drive the VVT and possibly inertia switch. So substituting like with like is important, assume you did this for your 88.

Best regards, Elio

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Pin 16 and 17 as well as pin5 of the FI CU should be connected to ground as well as Pin 2 of the Ignition ECU.

Don't forget that the system needs at least 10.5V during cranking for the C/U's to wake up (new battery or not).

Don't know what else to tell you.

Elio

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.