Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1988 alfa romeo spider voloce, and it is not getting spark off of the coil. I check the voltage and the pulse voltage to it and it had both. I then checked the crank position sensor and it ohm's out at 1.04 k ohms. The car used to start every now and then, but when cold start does not have spark, and now it will not start at all due to not having any spark, I was wondering if anyone has came across this issue? And if I should send out the ecm to be checked? Also should I check the lower crank speed sensor on the bellhousing? Anything else I can check that you know of? I checked all over the car and I don't beleive these cars have a spark ignitor on them. so that leaves the crank sensor and the ecm to the best of my knowledge. any help would be great.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Jkingland, Definately check both sensors, my alfa was just inthe shop for no spark and it was one of the sensors so I had both of them replaced. Wish I did this simple check myself, could have saved major bucks, them alfa mechanics don't work cheap,you might even say their BLOODY crooks, but live and learn, anyway check both sensors.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got it running today, It had a bad ground, i didnt think on an 88' it would have ground issues, but it did, when cranking it was only a just under 10v I fixed the ground and got it up to almost 11v while cranking, these cars are so sensitive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts