Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys new here had some questions. Does anybody know how to lower the front of the milano. I already threw the lowering springs in the back but In the front I have no idea what to do.

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
Pain in the arse, but you have to adjust the front torsion bars - any shops around that can help you!?

Post some pics of the car!

·
Registered
296 Posts
That guy who's got a web page selling bosch injectors has a diy guide for doing torsion bars (if you want to tackle it yourself) i'll see if i can find the link

·
Registered
4,090 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey thanks guys just what I was looking for. I've got the car torn apart engine rebuild and some other long awaited stuff I'll be sure to post some pics when I am done

·
Registered
157 Posts
Index the bar to the a-arm, and to the chassis with a paint marker. The arm has a score mark on it already. Disconnect the shocks, separate the lower ball joint. Use a block of wood under the upper control arm to lift the spindle out of the way. Use a big prybar, and dead weight ( I use JungleJustice sometimes) and pry the arm down. Remove the bolts. Knock off the a a-arm. Clean and anti- seize the splines and socket in the arm. knock out the torsion bar from the rear. Clean and lube. Reassemble without the bolts. With the stock bars, a change of ONE SPLINE AT EACH END will lower the vehicle approx one tenth of an inch.

(Measure your ride heights at the fenders before hand. Determine how much you want to lower.)

Want to lower the front 1.5"? Go 15 splines at each end from your marks. I think the gain with 27mm bars is about 0.7" per spline. With stock bars, you can support the arm with a jack, and carefully pull the bar aft out of the chassis and arm, feel the splines engage, pull out, back in counting the teeth.

Have Fun.

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
...Use a big prybar, and dead weight ( I use JungleJustice sometimes) and pry the arm down...
Clown...

You and Jes always just use me for my body!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts