Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gang -

In today's 'It's always something department' -- My Spider failed state inspection last week. Results were fine except . . .
In the trunk lid, the 3 license plates lights and the third brake light in the spoiler were all non-op.

I cleaned the contacts on the body and trunk lid and the license plate lights work fine now, and the spoiler mounted light is on when lights are on . . .

The remaining problem is that the brake light does not change when brakes are pressed - so the second, hi voltage filament is not lighting up.

I swapped the bulb with the brake light, dual filament bulb in the left brake light position. The left brake light still works (so the bulb is good), but there is no change with the spoiler mounted brake light.

Anyone have any BTDT experiences or suggestions to offer?

John

·
Administrator
16,420 Posts
I have an earlier model Spider so no experience with the later Spider's center brake light. But, are you sure it is supposed to illuminate with the lights on? I thought it was a brake light only. Peek inside the lamp sockets - are there one or two contacts? If one then it would use single filament bulbs.

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Solved. Took the plate off the body side. One of the three spade connectors was disconnected and damaged. It was the center connector, black wire. Cleaned the connectors while it was all apart. Used some electrical tape to give it a better grip. All good now.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here are pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts