Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has the wiring diagram for the 87 spider veloce.
If so I would really appreciate it ;)

·
Super Moderator - Alfa Romeo Expert
16,232 Posts
Yes. But there are about 20 or so pages of diagrams some of which (the size A3 pages) are too big to fit on my scanner. Where abouts in Jersey are you?

...and welcome to the AlfaBB!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
papajam said:
Yes. But there are about 20 or so pages of diagrams some of which (the size A3 pages) are too big to fit on my scanner. Where abouts in Jersey are you?

...and welcome to the AlfaBB!
I'm from southern NJ.The only thing I really need is the Fuse box Diagram.Thanks for replying......

·
16,232 Posts
Ahh, but the plot thickens. There was a production change in 1987 that saw the early style fusebox with ceramic, bullet style GBC fuses, as posted by alfabeach, changed to the blade style push-in ATC type fuses that have different amp ratings. In addition, depending on whether the car has enbloc knee padding, the relays are in different locations in the fusebox.
What style fuses do you have?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks like we have the push-in ATC.
Thank you so much for helping me with this ..I really appreciate it.

·
16,232 Posts
OK then. I'll post the later style fusebox when I get home tonight (unless someone posts it first).

·
Registered
217 Posts
Question for Papajam

Re the fusebox - what holds it up ? mine just pivots on two points and cannot be tightened , so it swings against the wiring. There is a spot at the front of the box which looks like it is supposed to clip into something to hold the box firmly up , but I have not seen anything that fits it.

Is the box just supposed to hang like this?

·
Registered
858 Posts
Fuse Box

This is the fuse box in my 89. But watch out people have a bad habit of wiring items to different fuses than labeled, like the radio in my car. Then putting in different fuses.

Attachments

·
16,232 Posts
gotglases,
Don't know for certain but I believe that there should be a metal rod (or bar) attached to the fusebox that then clips into the retainer. The box should be under the dash, out of sight, to swing down only when the rod is released from the retainer.

Pics of later style blade type fusebox. Take note that Alfa Tech Service Bulletin 40.89.01 dated 3/89 changed the amp rating of the #1 fuse (power windows) from 20A to 25A.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey Gang,
Thanks a lot for the posting the diagram needed to find out the amp amount for radio.
However where do you get those funky fuses from or is there a substitute?
I have a 82 spider that I just put on road and when installing new radio blew fuse. But never saw that type of fuse before. any info would be helpfull thanks again

·
Administrator
17,471 Posts
The funky fuses remind me of the type used in old VW's (but I don't know if they are actually the same).

I got some via mail-order from one of the 'usual suppliers'. Look in the the 'Anything about Alfa Romeos' section for the 'Supplier' thread. There are links in there to all the places that sell Alfa Parts.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Hey Gang,
Thanks a lot for the posting the diagram needed to find out the amp amount for radio.
However where do you get those funky fuses from or is there a substitute?
I have a 82 spider that I just put on road and when installing new radio blew fuse. But never saw that type of fuse before. any info would be helpfull thanks again

Hi, These fuses were used extensively on BMWs back in the 70s and 80s. I think they were used on Mercedes in the 80s as well. NAPA should have them or if not, check a BMW dealer

1 - 19 of 19 Posts