Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post and have just acquired a 87 Quad Spider that runs and drives nicely.
However, it does have a few minor issues:

1. The Speedo & Tach do not work at all. Both odometers work just fine. The speed sensor located on the drivers side fire wall seems to be working ok. Tested with vom and shows a voltage spike when rotated. Fuse in main fuse panel is OK.

2. The drivers side power window will not open or close. Fuse is OK. No indication that it is trying to operate. Passenger side works just fine.

3. There is a device (relay I think) mounted to the top of the speed sensor. Several wires are missing. What does this relay do??? Where can I find a wiring diagram for this vehicle??

Hoping for an easy fix for these problems and any tips on posting would be appreciated..

Thanks so much - Rich

·
Administrator
17,043 Posts
Welcome to the AlfaBB. Did you neglect to post some photos? We have an unwritten rule about photos. We think you should post some (we like photos!).

1) Check the Spider FAQ - I think there are some links there to info about troubleshooting the MonoPod dash.

2) Try swapping the console switches - they just pull out then you can unclip the wire harness connection in the back of the switch. If it then works try spraying some contact cleaner into the recalcitrant switch. If it doesn't then work, push back the rubber accordion shaped rubber tube between the door & the A post. The wires run through that - the frequent flexing can cause the wire strands to break. Wiggle the wires around as your trusted assistant presses the switch. If no fault is found there then you'll need to remove the door panel to investigate the connections inside the door and the motor itself.

3) No idea about that relay thing. Say - if you post a photo of it that'd help...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts