Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1987 Alfa Romeo Milano Gold (2.5L), manual transmission, for sale.

Current mileage about 109,000 miles (speedometer replaced, reads ~47K miles now)

Stock other than: Headers and ANSA cat-back exhaust, free-flow air intake, Bilstein shocks, Verde 24mm front bar, MOMO wood steering wheel and matching shift knob.

Runs fine, clutch and synchros good, brakes fine, no leaks/no oil burning. I suspect some internal engine mods (maybe 164S cams?), engine feels stronger than the rated 155 hp with no flat spots. A/C works well. Decent stereo with cassette player (can swap for CD player if desired) and Polk speakers. Power steering pump disconnected two years ago, hard to turn in the parking lot but a joy on the highway (much better than with the power assist, IMO). Repainted 2-1/2 years ago, low-bucks MAACO job, presentable from 20’. Rust bubbles are returning on the rear wheel arches and at an odd cut in the front passenger door. Also a small dent and paint crack on the hood where my mechanic (not I!) got a backfire and blew the intake plenum up into the hood.

Repaired or replaced within last 1-1/2 years: Catalytic converter; A/C compressor, receiver/dryer and belt; timing belt, tensioner, and water pump; clutch assembly and shaft bearing; one rear engine mount; O2 sensor; thermostat and all radiator hoses; added ignition relay; replaced fuel injector seals; rear brake calipers, rotors and pads; front brake rotors and pads; front wheel bearings; ignition coil; airflow meter; guibos (driveshaft flex joints), center bearing and rear motor mount and balanced driveshaft; replaced speedometer head, sender, and pulse amplifier with good used units; replaced fuel injection computer with good used one.

Other:
Will include a set of barely-used Blizzak snow tires on OEM 14” alloys.
Also have two new IAP sport rear springs not yet installed.

Asking $3750 for a totally reliable daily driver with all the big-ticket maintenance and repairs recently done. Car is located in Northern Virginia but can be driven anywhere with no worries.

Dave Spiegelthal, Centreville, VA
[email protected]

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts