Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After setting in the garage a few days, it will start right up idle and rev fine.
I'll run it a few minutes then shut it off, wait an hour so then try again. It starts right up, then no matter what I do it stalls and won't start again for a day or so. I have pulled filter and both pumps cleaned with carb cleaner reassembled wait a day and it starts again...

Any ideas.
Thanks in advance
Rob

·
1966-2013
13,741 Posts
Just for amusement, have you tried removing the fuel fill cap to see if its simply vacuum locking due to a gummed up/clogged/non~functional fuel vapor recovery system?

What's the condition of the fuse and holder under the cargo shelf on the right side next to the ECU?
It's plausible that the fuse could be intermittant, and if so, it'll stop the pumps when it loses continuity. (hint: if it's not been changed in the past couple years, do it anyway regardless)

As a starting point beyond that, it prolly wouldn't hurt to check the fuel pressure and volume, though there might be better answers in the L-jet diagnostic page as linked from my signature block.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts