Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '87 alfa was hit by another driver this week and the car is not drive able. There was extensive damage to the front end driver side. I had hoped to restore the car but my ambitions exceeded my abilities. I have another virtually identical car (both '87 alfa veloces, stellar blue, manufactured during August 1987) that I was going to use for parts. I don't have the space or expertise to combine the two to make one great car. I'm located in Annapolis, MD. The car I was driving is in a tow lot and the "parts car" is in a nearby storage locker. Anyone have suggestions on how I should proceed to sell these cars/parts?

Car 1: I have been driving this car for the past 4 years. I bought used on eBay and it has required no major work or repairs. It had been generally parked outside by prior owners so sun damage to finish and interior. About 42k miles on it of which I was responsible for the last 8k.

Car 2: I bought new in 1987 and drove for about 7 years, putting 124k miles on it. I am its only owner. It sat outside covered for about 10 years before I put it into a storage locker. There is some rust on the bottom and lower edges. Otherwise the finish is nice and the interior is nicer than car 1. I had hoped to move seats, dash, etc. from this car to car 1 and then have car 1 exterior cleaned up and repainted. I have a removable hard top for this car.

In addition to the two cars, I have an Alfa shop manual and original owners manual for one of the cars. And as I said a removable hard top.

Questions/suggestions? Thanks in advance for any advice.

·
Registered
820 Posts
My '87 alfa was hit by another driver this week and the car is not drive able. There was extensive damage to the front end driver side. I had hoped to restore the car but my ambitions exceeded my abilities. I have another virtually identical car (both '87 alfa veloces, stellar blue, manufactured during August 1987) that I was going to use for parts. I don't have the space or expertise to combine the two to make one great car. I'm located in Annapolis, MD. The car I was driving is in a tow lot and the "parts car" is in a nearby storage locker. Anyone have suggestions on how I should proceed to sell these cars/parts?

Car 1: I have been driving this car for the past 4 years. I bought used on eBay and it has required no major work or repairs. It had been generally parked outside by prior owners so sun damage to finish and interior. About 42k miles on it of which I was responsible for the last 8k.

Car 2: I bought new in 1987 and drove for about 7 years, putting 124k miles on it. I am its only owner. It sat outside covered for about 10 years before I put it into a storage locker. There is some rust on the bottom and lower edges. Otherwise the finish is nice and the interior is nicer than car 1. I had hoped to move seats, dash, etc. from this car to car 1 and then have car 1 exterior cleaned up and repainted. I have a removable hard top for this car.

In addition to the two cars, I have an Alfa shop manual and original owners manual for one of the cars. And as I said a removable hard top.

Questions/suggestions? Thanks in advance for any advice.

well... if the car that got crashed is sitting in a tow yard, its going to rack up its complete value in storage charges really quickly and be worth zero unless you get it out of there in a big hurry...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well... if the car that got crashed is sitting in a tow yard, its going to rack up its complete value in storage charges really quickly and be worth zero unless you get it out of there in a big hurry...
At the moment, his insurance is picking up the tab but you are right I will need to move it soon.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Glad you'r OK!!

Sorry to hear about your mishap, but thankfully you are OK. Restoring is always preferablebut as you know is time, labor, and funds intensive. Parting out cars can be profitable but is labor intensive takes time and is storage space critical (one can only hide some many cars under the bed!!), plus tansporting cars can get expensive!! Hopefully you can find a close by Alfisti who will take over your project of combining the two cars....good luck
PS...put me on your list for parts if you go that route
Paul
85 Spider Veloce

1 - 4 of 4 Posts