Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, My first post so a little introduction. I bought my sprint about 2 months ago from a mechanic who had been hoping one day to restore it but never found the time and since I have been working tirelessly to get through all the Rust and running gear issues needed to get her back to life and now at last im tackling the electrical :confused: .

I'm not sure where to start but I have been scouring the forums and i havn't found anyone describing the same problem as me so here I go with my first post of probably many to come.

there is no power getting to my tacho, warning lights in the dash, clock or cigarette lighter/ heater /ashtray light and yesterday discovered no power to my radiator fan.....When given power all these things light up and work fine but all my digging through wiring diagrams and forums haven't seemed to show me the light.

I should explain some of the oddities/modifications that I have discovered so far, it seems the coil has been replaced with a new bosch one with new relays and fuse number 3 just blows the fuse instantly, so is missing. As far as i can tell from the diagram this is the rear window defogger which has been disconnected and may not be anything.:

Everything else seems to work fine interior lights driving lights ignition etc.

Thanks
Q

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK, so now things are working again with new fuses except for number three which is still missing? ..
I suspect gremlins are messing with me!

·
Registered
755 Posts
Hi mate,

Try re-posting this thread in the 'boxer engined' area, more people will know its there and you will get more help - we have a good group of sprint enthusiasts posting often.

If you do a quick alfa bb search, theres a webpage set up by one of the members that has service manuals you can download with electrical diagrams. That should be a big help. The website name escapes me...

good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts