Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently changed the Clutch Master and slave cylinders on my 86 Spider, every thing is fitted correctly, i have run fluid through it, but there is still no pressure in the system. I am of the opinion that the Master cylinder still has air in it or something, any one any ideas?

·
Registered
450 Posts
Hey man, you'll get better visibility if you post in the Spider forum, maybe you can ask Smestas to move this thread.
Not sure what you mean by there being "no pressure in the system"--the system is only pressurized when you depress the clutch pedal--anyways, regarding the MC & SCs: make sure all fittings are tight and that the SC bleed nipple is at 12 o'clock when you bleed. If you didn't bench bleed the MC before installing it make take a few pumps to circulate fluid. Other things that can get jacked up are 1) Snap rings not installed properly 2) resulting in SC push rod not engaging throwout arm 3) Finally the clutch pivot shaft oftern fails at the shaft/arm joint.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is no pressure at all when i depress the clutch. I did not bench bleed the MC coz I'm still fairly new at this and certainly no mechanic! i will move the bleed valve to 12 and try to bleed it some more, see if anything changes

1 - 3 of 3 Posts