Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still trying to find may way around this car...Just installed a new AutoZone battery and noticed that when tested, the external multimeter shows .25 to .3 amps with everything off. I thought it was the clock, which doesn't keep good time, but it only lights up when ignition is on. So, what it might be with that small a draw?

I am still trying to find if there is a short in the RF parking lamp, side marker, engine bay light LR tail light, all on # 10 fuse
but no joy yet. It previously worked fine, all turn signals work, 3rd brake light is now working, courtesy lights, glove box, trunk, headlights & panel lights. Any one out there with a quick fix to this?

Thanks for the help. ChiefBre

·
Administrator
17,713 Posts
Check the footwell lights. The lens is also a switch. Tilt the lens to one of three positions - automatic (on/off with doors open/closed), always off & always on. They can easily get kicked into the always on position - and they are not so bright that you'd notice unless you are looking closely.

There is also a light timer relay in the fuse box. It is supposed to keep the interior lights on for ~ 30 seconds after you close the door. But sometimes the relay sticks and doesn't time out...

·
Registered
9,275 Posts
when testing for current draw, you need to keep the doors closed..........if open (even with the footwell lights switched to "off") it will cause a draw.
you should have about 20 milliamp draw (radio and clock)
that is 0.020 amps, so your present draw is 10 times that.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1986 Spider Veloce
229 Posts
Dom - that bulletin is great! Think that "Hot Line" still works?

·
Premium Member
1,346 Posts
Lantheaume, Do you have the papajam wiring diagram for 1986? If so, I would like to get it. I have 1985 and 1990 which are similar but different.
THanks

·
Premium Member
1986 Spider Veloce
229 Posts
Lantheaume, Do you have the papajam wiring diagram for 1986? If so, I would like to get it. I have 1985 and 1990 which are similar but different.
THanks
Yep! Sent to your conversations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts