Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not mine, but I'm curious what people think of this car. I'm not extremely versed in the differences between Spider years and trim levels, but I'm learning. At minimum it looks like this car has Veloce wheels and an aftermarket steering wheel? I'm not sure about the seats either since I haven't seen many (any) with red stitching. What do you guys think?

Alfa Romeo Spider Graduate | eBay

Thanks for the feedback. Incidentally, I am in the market for a fuel-injected S3 Spider in the PNW if anyone has leads. My budget is around $5-6k.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Seats look like they are from a Spider Quad. Graduate doesn't have power windows (check), but it shouldn't have AC either, which the seller claims it has. Salvage title, "drivers door sticks a little", plus the other non-standard "features" might suggest more than a little accident damage to me....

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Looks like a really nice car, to me. AC was an option on the grad. Seats could be Veloce, or maybe those were upgraded originally? Anyway, good upgrades.

Salvage titles are unfortunate. If you know the work done was minor, it can help you get into a car more cheaply. If you are worried about re-sale values, then...best buy the car to enjoy and drive, and not an investment.

·
Premium Member
1,573 Posts
CA car

It's in California now, and if it has been there for some (or most) of it's lifespan, that's a plus.

Some minor cosmetic stuff to note: driver's front park/turn signal lens is missing and front left headlight looks real dark in one photo (like it might be burned out). No real costs to fix that stuff though.

Funny there are no pictures of the trunk.

Even with the extras, its still a Graduate (not a Veloce or Quad).

The body looks straight and I like the color. I don't think you can go wrong at $5K, or even $6K. The weather is getting nice, so it will be harder to find inventory as the summer gets closer.

I've seen non-running parts cars in this vintage go for a grand. If you like it, just buy it! You won't get too burned at $5K or $6K. You can probably sell it later in that price range anyway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts