Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone identify the three sensors on my engine? There are two between 3 and 4 injectors and one between 2 and 3 injectors. All have Bosch connectors. There is a fourth with just one wire that I am assuming triggers a fan or warning light (discrete device).
The cables are rubber jacketed and I can't see cable colors.

thx
Warren

Attachments

·
Administrator
16,362 Posts
OK. Your post indicates 1986 model year Spider. USA version? (Note that many shop manual sketches are more 'interpretations' vs exact photo realistic drawings.) 1982-1989 USA versions are all L-jetronic and basically the same.

Here's a 1984 USA L-jetronic Spider: (CTS = Coolant Temp Sensor, TTS = Thermo Time Switch)

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP,
16,232 Posts
The connector colors can be used to ID the sensor as well.

WHITE - coolant temp sensor for the ignition ECU (between injectors 2 & 3).
BROWN - thermo time switch (between inj 3 & 4).
TAN - coolant temp sensor for the fuel ECU (between inj 3 & 4).

All injector connector colors are GRAY.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wire colors

Like I mentioned, the cable is jacketed in rubber thus hiding the wire colors.

Didn't want to go "exploring" (i.e. cutting into jacket) to expose wire.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm pulling up this older thread as I got a bit problems with the temperature sensor (Bosch 0.280.130.023 / 0280130023) for the ignition (between injectors 2 & 3).

Lately I checked/measured all the sensors and found out that this one was without function (endless resistance).
So I swapped in an original Bosch NOS one (checked and working) from my stock and after some days with driving I re-checking this.
-> Again dead (endless resistance)... Hmmm! :surprise:

Well, actually the car runs fine with the dead sensor but of course it would be great to know what impact a broken temperature sensor has for the Bosch ignition (?).
Luckily there is "papajam" Jim with his fantastic electric wiring diagram support(!) :thumbup1: so I know which wires to check back to the ignition ECU.
If both wires are fine, I guess I might have a faulty ignition ECU or?
Is there a chance to check the ECU connectors for the sensor (pin #12 & #13) for correct ECU functionality?

Hope someone can help :helpsmilie:.

Regards
Oliver

1 - 10 of 10 Posts