Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A/C on my '86 Veloce works. Cold air blows fully out only out of the vent by the glove compartment other 6 (left, three central, and two facing up just feel cold but hardly any air comes out.)

I keep the left lever all the way down to "cold", and the right lever in the center (neither defrost- fully up, nor fully down.)

I have noticed considerable air coming out at passenger feet when the A/C fan is at MAX (3).

When I drove with A/C on, after stopping, considerable amount of moisture discharged at passenger feet area. The discharge was quite filthy, brown.

My guesses: blocked ducts, disconnected ducts, rusted components...squirrel nest (the car had its share of those.)

Any ideas? Recommendations?

Should I, with conceptual understanding, but limited to non-existent mechanical experience, attempt to open the fan and that general area and see if I can fix it?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you everybody for the ideas and advice.

As always I am grateful for your time and generosity.

All ideas you gave make pre-eminent sense. I shall do, or at least attemt, all the procedures you recommended.

Thank you all again.

Simon

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.