Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
My cousin had a 3.0 gtv6 also converted to Milano ABS and power steering, which unfortunately was wrecked long ago. To my knowledge a factory option kit was not available in the USA. Many gtv6 have had the steering shaft welded as the joint is NLA.
Hi Peter!
Where ever you are on this earth, know that our hearts and minds are alike! My friend Fredrik used to keep me awake into the wee hours bragging about how he used to race with the rest of the world in his Milano 3.0. Those stories used to seem so very tall to really believe. This was in 2001. I went through a massive heartbreak and I couldn’t find my legs for a longtime. I needed something which wasn’t human. I found it in the Milano 3.0. Nineteen years later, I now believe every single word that Fredrik used in describing his beloved Milano!

·
Premium Member
1986 Alfa Romeo GTV6
377 Posts
Hi Peter!
Where ever you are on this earth, know that our hearts and minds are alike! My friend Fredrik used to keep me awake into the wee hours bragging about how he used to race with the rest of the world in his Milano 3.0. Those stories used to seem so very tall to really believe. This was in 2001. I went through a massive heartbreak and I couldn’t find my legs for a longtime. I needed something which wasn’t human. I found it in the Milano 3.0. Nineteen years later, I now believe every single word that Fredrik used in describing his beloved Milano!
And there you have it.
Whenever you'll be asked in a condescending tone Why an Alfa. This is exactly what i'd say, if i were you.
Can i share your words? Anonymously of course.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I have both :cool: and drive them alternately during the week!

Milano: Quieter, more comfortable, more power (3.0L), more nimble (PS), and has less roll while cornering. My A/C is upgraded (as well as other stuff) but on whole the HVAC was better than the GTV6's in original form. Better shifter feel (sort of). More room obviously. With the LSD you can hold a drift for a loooong time if thats your thing. Small annoying trunk

GTV6: Definitely a sports car. Simple, functional design inside, sexy outside. That engine sound!!. Hard to park but the steering is very tactile and fun. Loves to be driven (and beaten) HARD, and is so much more fun to drive it hard than my Milano because its got less power (use those revs). This is certainly a GT car, you can drive at high speeds and cover a lot of miles like its nothing (and I often do).

surprising how different the two are, considering they're basically the same when you really look at it

·
Registered
453 Posts
Yeah that is the ongoing back and forth, agree that a stock 2.5 has a unique pitch on a stock exhaust, spins so smoothly and balanced. Can’t quite replicate that sound or smoothness in the bigger versions. Don’t want it to be pulling anything less than the 4:10 though, or you will wait forever

I’ll take the 3.0 which can rev like mad, pulls like a freight train and still sounds out of this world.

·
Premium Member
1986 Alfa Romeo GTV6
377 Posts
I don't want to pull a "mine is better than yours" because it's not.
One thing i tell you, i have never heard any other gtv6 sound like mine.
What mine has different from stock is:
3.0 verde engine with transaxle.
larger custom headers.
flex pipe and straight to original back muffler. (and i think this is the secret)
Astonishing sound.
The kind of sound that at 60 you downshift and everyone on the highway turns their head.
But at 80 you barely hear it. Good for longer journeys

·
Premium Member
465 Posts
I have an 83 GTV6 and a 87 Verde. I have not driven the Verde in like 10 years since the timing belt let go. I have been working on it and as soon as I can finish the conversion to conventional brakes the rebuilt motor will go back in. I miss it terribly, I felt it had a more nimble feel and more tossable. The GTV6 on the other hand is a high speed star, just a pleasure at speed - a real GT. I have had the GTV6 the longest of any car and she's my first (Alfa) shall we say! But I miss the howl of the Stebro on the Verde. I originally bought the Verde to use for its 3.0 and LSD in the GTV6 but then fell for it too.. I thought the Verde made an excellent daily driver (although I always had a real daily driver.)

I keep telling the wife I need a Spider of the same period to complete the trifecta..

21 - 32 of 32 Posts