Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1986 Alfa Romeo GTV6, beautiful blk on blk

All original, no modifications, 93k miles, clutch at 83k, engine has full compression, paint is very good with minor issues ie a drivers side ding and a lil clear coat pealing by mirror. Interior seats are excellent, recently redone. These are 1986 year only velour seats which are rare and and typically a wreck. Comfortable and a pleasure to sit on while carving the twisties. All guages & lights work, even the clock. No battery drain. Always warmed up before being driven. All fluids are fresh.

This last year I've spent over $5k making it right.

All new inner and outer tie rods
New driveline donut (zero vibration)
Wheels bearings redone
Brakes redone
New Tires 205/65/15 Yokohamas
Wheels powder coated, full size spare
Full alignment, specs per GTV6 expert
Seats redone with original inserts redyed
Door & window rubber gaskets replaced
Rear hatch strut replaced
Updated to locking gas cap (have orig)
New grill & trunk badges (matched front with rear, not stock, but a rare factory find)
Sills polished
Paint, Interior, Engine, Under carriage cleaned & detailed
Turn signals redone, replaced cracked lenses, all work.
Stereo is Pioneer and works great, has jack for ipod

Car drives beautiful due to 50/50 balance, has an amazing exhaust note, pulls strong and handles like new. I've worked hard not to make modifcations and enjoy it as it was made from the factory. Only item left on the list is the sunroof sags in the rear when closed and a broken front door speaker grill.

I've owned and raced Alfa's for many years and always wanted to own one of these iconic cars since I drove one new in 1986. Not interested in trades unless you have a 4C you are tired of already and want a classic to blast around in. Feel free to contact me if serious and want one that is sorted and ready to go.

$9500

Link to view over 70 images-dbl click them for high res verision
Postimage.org / Alfa GTV6 1986

thanks for looking

Attachments

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just added some more under carriage shots as well as trunk wheel well and hatch corners for those asking about rust spots
Look at link above to see them

Hope that helps. May do video later, we'll see how the day goes

Peter

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ive been asked several times about rust and background of the car.
I have a carfax I can email for those interested as well

Far as history, the car was sold new in the bay area to a flight attendant (personalized blue plates still with car), and has never left. Maintained by Barber Bros, it was eventually bought by the owners, who did the clutch work. It appears to be original paint which I find hard to believe since the clear coat is usually shot. Its not perfect, but for 30 years old, in impressive conditon. There are very minor rust spots ie very small spot under a head light, lil on the rear hatch, but nothing in the typical GTV6 spots ie wheel wells, undercarraige, drip trays etc. Clear coat off in a couple small sections on the hatch as well. I've added pics after being cleaned of the undercarriage, which shows pretty well how stock it is, ie no overspray from a repaint etc

Recent mechanical work was done by alfa guru Phil Mason in Santa Cruz who works his magic on my race cars. He did the donut, wheel bearings and went thru the brakes. Tie rods were done at DHT who did my alignment and found one which had play, so we changed them all.

here's the link to the pics I shot before plus some new ones added a couple days ago

Link to view over 70 images-dbl click them for high res verision
http://postimg.org/gallery/33dgbndhs/

Peter

Reactions: fastracer

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sold and off to a new home in SF

Bit sad, been a long time since I actually sold a car, but happy to add a new alfa fan to the bay area. He got the car and its personality right away and Im happy he came back and is driving it home. Cheers Jonas, la vita e troppo corta per non guidare italiano!

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
The pics with the people in them really make this car look great. I think sellers have been making a big mistake not putting human beings in photos of this car. Let's face it, the basic shape is easy to confuse with all the lackluster copies of that era. But, put two people in the car and you see what a tight little package this is and why it will keep going up in value.

Thanks. Now I want to find my original GTV6 and buy it back.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts