Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The car has been running great. Lately, it won't idle at stops. I checked all hoses and changed the air filter but still having trouble. Any simple solutions come to mind? I am not a great mechanic (yet, ha!)...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
adjusting idle?

Thanks for the reply. Can someone run through the process of idle adjustment for me. I don't want to make a mess of it. Thanks!

·
Registered
121 Posts
I recently had the same issue and my tube from the air flow meter to the throttle body was cracked right at the clamp. Ran like junk and I had to rev it up to keep it running. This happened right after I checked my air filter (moved the tube out of the way and ... crack) - My guess is that you have a vacuum leak somewhere and this is the issue. Check this hose first and make sure there are no cracks. You would be amazed how the smallest one will make these run like crape'.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Don't forget, there is a small hose located under the brake booster hose on the side closest to the windshield which plugs into the intake manifold. I found this hose by accident, and it fell apart when I touched it; was causing a poor idle because of vacuum leak.

·
Administrator
17,986 Posts
Also, when the OVS (Oil Vapor Separator) clogs up it can act like an air leak. Remove it, soak in solvent, rinse & repeat. Also check the attached hoses - especially the small hose that is intended to drain condensed oil back to the sump. It can clog up too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts