Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, any input on how to replace or where to find the trim that outlines the black front nose piece on an 85 alfa spider?

·
1966-2013
13,741 Posts
The silver piping stuff? (it's plastic with a metal clip to hold the two ends together BTW in case you weren't aware of the material)

Should be able to find something suitable at the local auto parts counter where they keep the door trim and such.

Barring that, you might get away with carefully bending some small bore tubing or half round stuff as found at many hobby and craft stores, particularly those that cater to scale model trains.

A bit of flexible glue like permatex to help keep it in there and Bob's your uncle.

·
1966-2013
13,741 Posts
Late thought:
You might get lucky if someone is breaking an S3 in the parts for sale subsection that has it, or even the whole heart with it in/on there for not too many dollars.

If you do, it gets finished in the same silver as what's on the tops of the bumpers as opposed to chrome. (though chrome would look good and go well with the headlight rings IMO)

·
Registered
850 Posts
On my 89 it is a soft aluminum, lots of little dents. Easy to pull out, not so to put back in. I heard of one person using a coat hanger. I bought some aluminum rod at a hobby store, but I need to make jig to bend it correctly.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I used a piece of that flat telephone extension wire. Painted it with chrome-aluminum spray paint and put just a few dabs of Automotive Goop urethane adhesive in the groove. Slides right in. Real easy. No jigs or special tools required. Did the job three years ago and it still looks fine.

Len
'84 Spider

1 - 6 of 6 Posts