Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To all GTV6 alfista.
This past fall I bought an 85 GTV6 that should of been a parts car, engine locked up,numerous things missing and broken in the engine bay and in the interior but the body is in good shape. I've replaced the engine and my question to you is, could anyone send me a picture of a stock 85 2.5 engine bay so I can figure out were everything goes and what else I could be missing?
I so want to get this fired up around spring time.
Your input will be greatly appreciated.
I do have the picture from the IAP web site.

THANKS.

Gian.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Mine is completely stock at this point - I'd be happy to help but mine is an '84. I am not schooled on the differences from year-to-year but I'd be happy to snap a pic tomorrow if it'd be helpful.

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
Also, check the For Sale section. People often post engine bay pics there.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gtv6

Thanks Eric and redGT.
I would appreciate pics for wiring and component location in front of engine and drivers side components and wiring around coil I'm missing everything in that area and thats were the different year car makes a difference from what I've been told.

Gian.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have an '86 GTV6 but the build date plate says it was built in Oct '85, but it's a RHD car so not sure how much help it would be. All stock except for the GTV2.0 radiator

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for some of the pics you all sent. Getting a good idea that I might be missing some pieces still.
Great pics John. Still would love to see pics of the drivers side fender components and wiring at coil area.

Gian.

·
Registered
434 Posts
John Brase,
Sorry to break the thread but did you compact the front and rear bumpers to get rid of the filler panels? Shown in page 5 of your pics. If so how did you do it? My 83 is going for paint soon and was considering that option.

Thanks

·
Registered
296 Posts
John Brase,
Sorry to break the thread but did you compact the front and rear bumpers to get rid of the filler panels? Shown in page 5 of your pics. If so how did you do it? My 83 is going for paint soon and was considering that option. Thanks
Pretty easy. First measure the bumper gap to figure out how far you can move the bumper before you hit bodywork or the end of the slots in the wraparound piece. Drill a small hole in the shock body to let the pressure and oil out. It is not high pressure but it will squirt oil so be prepared. Then compress the shock the amount you measured, drill a hole through the collar and shock tube and put a bolt in to hold it.
[END HIJACK]

Gian,
I tried to get a pic of the coil area but my camera batt is dead. Give me a day or two and I'll get something for you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts