Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD
'85 GTV6 has run both Lemons and Chump. Car has 2.5L and Milano Platinum transaxle converted to non isolastic shift linkage. PM me for more info and pics. Asking $2200. Very cheap way to get started in Lemons. If someone on the West Coast buys this car I'll give them a hand at the Lemons races I'm at.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I was under the impression that Lemons cars have to be purchased at $500 or under. Is there some way to cost out the safety equipment that, I presume, is already on the car?

·
Registered
426 Posts
I ran with this car this past weekend and can say it looked great out there on the track. nice build quality from what i saw. i was in a red/white/blue nissan sentry.

And yes, you can budget out the safety equipment, etc. figure at least $2000 for a proper cage. that would put the car at about $200.

Good luck with sale.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lemons $500 cost

I was under the impression that Lemons cars have to be purchased at $500 or under. Is there some way to cost out the safety equipment that, I presume, is already on the car?
The cost of the car minus safety gear can't be more than $500. With this car I'll sell the cage, seat, steering wheel, gauges and fire extinguisher for $2200 and it all comes in a carrying case that drives. That you have $500 to do what ever you want.

·
Premium Member
2,160 Posts
The cost of the car minus safety gear can't be more than $500. With this car I'll sell the cage, seat, steering wheel, gauges and fire extinguisher for $2200 and it all comes in a carrying case that drives. That you have $500 to do what ever you want.
I've been passed by this car more than once.

It's common to see LeMons cars trade hands for $500 + the cost of safety equipment. Regardless, the LeMons organizers have a soft spot for Alfas, I'd wager you won't have any problem getting this one into an event without problem. You can always email them and ask them before you buy.

bs

·
Premium Member
984 Posts
Lets see some pictures. I want to see the rare Cheatonium parts... :)

Someone on the East Coast, buy this car. Drink the Koolaid, bathe in it. You won't be alone..

GREG

·
Premium Member
2,160 Posts
Lets see some pictures. I want to see the rare Cheatonium parts... :)

Someone on the East Coast, buy this car. Drink the Koolaid, bathe in it. You won't be alone..

GREG
This one is the mildly cheatonium 2.5, not the hyper cheatonium 24v 3.0. If Wes was offering the hyper cheatonium one at this price, I'd have already picked it up.

bs

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Pics

I wasn't able to get any pictures last weekend. I'll be with the cars Thursday night and I'll get the requested pictures then. In the mean time here are a couple of pics of the car. We're selling the all red one not the red/white/green car.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
More pics

Here are some more pics of the car and a list of what has been done to the car.
The following is a list of what has been done to the car and what needs to be done before it races again.
The car has the following parts and modifications.

27mm front torsion bars
Sport rear springs
Koni shocks
27mm front sway bar w/reinforced sway bar mounts
Stainless steel brake lines
Drop spindles built for 16” wheels
Poly caster rod bushings
Wheel pattern changed to 5x100
17x7.5 wheels
ARP wheel studs
Platinum LSD transaxle with Tilton oil cooler set up
Alfa Spider rear calipers w/modified bleeders
Half shaft bolts drilled for safety wire
Ducted rear brakes
Quick release steering wheel
New gauges
Lemons legal cage w/ adjustable seat back brace
Wires for night driving lights

What needs to be done
Seat Belts, there but timed out
New fire extinguisher, we had to put it back into other race car
Replace right lower ball joint

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,784 Posts
Did this car sell?

Bob

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
The new price is $2500 but now includes a spare 2.5 motor, front calipers, hub that is modified for the 5x100 wheel pattern, extra set of the front brake pads we use. As I find more parts that aren't needed for either of our other cars they will go into the spares box. The big item is that this car is accepted for the Sears Point race this March. Buy it now and be racing in two months. I'll give you a hand at the track to guide thru the Lemons process if you would like.

·
Registered
442 Posts
what a deal the majority of the work is already done for you and spare parts as well I wish our team started out that easy.... and also if Wes will help support you the first weekend out, this is a great way to start out. that is a good running dependable car. and it's all ready been accepted for lemons in March, great deal! Jim

1 - 20 of 23 Posts