Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need to replace the grill on my '85. I'm wondering if I can use one from '84 and earlier models and if so; what do i do about the AR emblem which was changed in 1984. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
131 Posts
FWIW. My 1984 Has the old ALFA Milano badge on the grill.

I've wondered if this was from the factory or replaced by a previous owner.

Centerline ALFA probably has the correct replacement badge. I'd call
them or one of the BB sponsors to see what they have that will fit.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Yes you can use any of the GTV6 grills from 81-86. The only difference is the emblem that has a black bracket will slide in the middle with the new bigger emblem, you need to glue the emblem on that bracket. I have seen those on ebay.it. If I see one comes across I will let you know.

Giorgio

i need to replace the grill on my '85. I'm wondering if I can use one from '84 and earlier models and if so; what do i do about the AR emblem which was changed in 1984. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
594 Posts
There are 2 versions of the grill. I've never been able to figure how the differences relate to year or markets. Although the difference is very small I have seen a few cars with a slightly different grill. In the attached on the one car the bars go as far as the headlight, which is the most common, and the other version goes as far as the corner, which leaves 3" or so of solid plastic. As I say, I can't find the reason for the difference.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts