Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Guys
I have owned this Alfa since 2004 with 28,000 original miles .
Have only driven a little over 3,000 and 400 miles over the last 7 years.
In 2004 every aspect of the engine and mechanicals were restored/rebuilt totaling $17,474 by
AUTOSPRINT in Chicago . They are the best Italian/Alfa shop in the Midwest.
The body was repainted in 2010 to the original Black , the finish was beginning to dull.

The car is very solid and excellent in all respects .
I am selling because it doesn’t get driven enough .
I have extensive Photos of interior ,Body & Underside
Asking $28,750
Reach me at [email protected] or 312-296-7175
Thanks
Frank

·
Registered
663 Posts
GLWTS but agreed you can’t get far without a lot of pics for a $20,000k+ gtv6. On the other hand values have been rising for nice one, if you can get a friend to help with pics. Just try to load 4-6 pics at a time.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I managed to figure out loading photos.
When the car was repainted in 2010 I had them also treat the wheel well closing panels ,seams and lower perimeter edges with POR- 15 as seen in photos.
Have many more so let me know if any specific questions.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am also including the Original set of rims and tires that were in the car when new .
The rims are in very nice condition and amazingly there is still tread on tires , not all dried out .
They have been in dark storage for 15 years

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Michelin TRX's are available again.
They were NLA for a long time.
GLWS.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I'm guessing the timing belt broke in 2014? Can't imagine why a 33k-mile engine would need a total rebuild, otherwise.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No timing belt did not go out , it had not been driven for probably 10 years , I drove it home but I wanted anything needing attention to be done. So new pistons, rod bearings & main bearings . Am sure overkill but just my habit to have all engines done after I buy used . Similar with wheel bearings, suspension etc. Like to know if has a full life ahead without major costly issues .

·
Premium Member
16,706 Posts
"Am sure overkill"

Dude. To be sure.

Looks just like my absolutely pristine 86, that I sold to Lino Durante at Alfa of Tacoma for his son years ago after I drove and then purchased my 91S.

·
Registered
411 Posts
No timing belt did not go out , it had not been driven for probably 10 years , I drove it home but I wanted anything needing attention to be done. So new pistons, rod bearings & main bearings . Am sure overkill but just my habit to have all engines done after I buy used . Similar with wheel bearings, suspension etc. Like to know if has a full life ahead without major costly issues .
All that work for it to just sit? Do you own a museum? ;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Certainly not a museum, I loved driving the Alfa but also had strong interest in old Porsche‘s .
So spent many years on 356 & 911 restorations , many of these are multi year restorations . And that group constantly has events , shows etc. But always drove the Alfa a few times a summer , and winter always in heated shop. I loved the design and details Of the GTV6 , consider it a real masterpiece of 80’s design.

I have been restoring a rusted 71 911 for the last 4 years and finally getting ready for paint in a couple of weeks , then another 9 months to put together.
Just thought the Alfa should get a new home from someone to enjoy and drive a lot more than I will.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts