Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 84 Spider Veloce that needs spark plug wires. I can get some very good ACCEL or Mallory universal wires for free, any size or color, I just have too crimp the right ends on. Has anyone done this and is it a good idea? The price is right.

Also, I want to use the original harness that is attached to the valve cover, so what mm is the correct size wires?

·
Premium Member
21,706 Posts
You could measure what you have now to see what'll fit in that wire holder.
Alfa plug wires don't need to be different from any other car in terms of function. So the ends should work like any other. It's a normal Bosch distributor cap.

Andrew

·
Registered
8,104 Posts
plug wires are 7mm.

·
Premium Member
14,023 Posts
I made my own using Taylor metal conductor, 8mm silicone wire and I am happy with them. I recommend that you use the correct crimping tool.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
The S-3 is designed for wires at the sparkplug that are perpendicular to the boot, this is due to the air- crossover pipe; not the type pictured in a Ed's previous post, those are suitable for Webers or SPICA. The original wires also had boots that with external metal shielding to lessen radio interference (antenna in the windshield).

·
Premium Member
14,023 Posts
The S-3 is designed for wires at the sparkplug that are perpendicular to the boot, this is due to the air- crossover pipe; not the type pictured in a Ed's previous post, those are suitable for Webers or SPICA
Good point. I chose the straight plug boots but I could bought 90 degree or angled ones. The websites of the wire manufacturers should show what they have available.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts