Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ATTENTION ALFABB MEMBERS!!
PRICE REDUCTION!! Alfa Romeo '84 Spider Veloce in the rare "Nero Metallic" and yes, it looks black in the photos but I assure you, it's charcoal grey. It's in very good condition and needs very little. This is one of the last years with the classic pod-style gauges, wooden steering wheel, and wood shifter (I upgraded that part). The 2.0L Bosch L-jet fuel injected engine has only 70,500 original miles and is ready for many, many more. It's had all the usual items attended to:
5 yrs ago it had a full head job, water pump, plugs, wires, seats. In the past year it's had full tune up, new valve cover gaskets, rear diff seal, all fluids flushed and filled, rear wheel bearing, new tires, Stinger exhaust, brake booster, clutch arm pin, radiator and hoses, thermostat, and electrical issues sorted out. Suspension and drive shaft rebuilt, new clutch Master, slave and hose, tie rods, and alignment. All in all, about $4,000 in repairs, parts, and maintenance. The A/C has been recharged and blows cold!
Here's what it could use: The top's vinyl rear window has a crack in it but doesn't interfere with rear vision. The paint isn't perfect but is well within reason for normal wear...I believe a good buffing will do wonders. A few dents and dings: again, all normal for a 30 yr old car. The PO had the rockers and front wheel wells done and in the normal PO fashion...I did have my alfa mechanic check them and he said its only the outer panels that need love, the inner parts are solid..if i had time I would get them redone properly. While in the shop, one of the lifting arms hit the passenger wheel well, bending the metal and cracking the paint. I'll attach a photo in second post. The only other issue I can think of is the speedo (no, not the banana hammock one), it reads exactly 20mph high so I never bothered with it. I do have the original boot cover in excellent condition and a Coverking car cover included. This one is a well sorted out, mechanically solid, driver and ready to go for a sun-filled cruise! I easily have $8000 in her but we all know that's not what you get back out of them. My job changed and I just cant drive her enough anymore so I'll sell her to a good home here on the BB for $6499 OBO. In Collinsville, IL near St. Louis MO.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts