Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seriously considering replacing the carpet on the metallic blue green 84 spider. Has anyone done this or had it done professionally and had a good experience? I'd hate to tear it out and then have it replaced and look bad. I've seen some less than perfect replacements. The seats look fine it's just the carpet really. Might like to restore the shape of the seats with a bit of foam but if anyone's done the carpet or had it done can yo let me know? Thanks

·
Registered
126 Posts
It's not a one piece mold...that's the '86 and newer. Our '84s are a multi piece deal and black is the only color I have found for them. Mine is still the stock brown/tan/white stuff. I've been told that the cars with a/c are really a PITA to replace the carpet. Iap has the rear shelf/curtain area but you have to call them for the correct part number and it too is only in black. Good luck! Please post results and pix. I'm working up the courage to do it as well!

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks- looks beautiful

Ive always thought the brown and tan looked the best. I almost wish the Blue/green/celeste metallic exterior just came with the brown/tan

·
Registered
837 Posts
I would have a profession upholstery person install the carpet, since they can steam it to fit better.

·
Registered
what part?
10,087 Posts
try .. cabella's // boat carpeting, comes in yards.. not very $$$$ but great quality...the extra plush is not very much money, and it is built to take water sun.. just like our cars:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
great

that's an idea I hadn't heard. Its vey important to me to use the same carpet or at least a colour-matched carpet and not something just black

1 - 8 of 8 Posts