Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all. So recently I've had some unprecedented electrical problems. I THINK it's a fuse but I'm not totally sure (since I don't have a multimeter).

First off let me preface this by saying that my battery has been flopping around in the trunk. The piece that holds the thing down was loosened, presumably by my mechanic, and not tightened so the connector came loose a couple times and I had to reconnect it.

It was around this time that both my speedo and odo stopped turning. The console still lights up but they're both not turning. I thought maybe de/reconnecting the battery may have blown a fuse but I'm not sure.

There are one of two problems I see:

1. Blown fuse
2. Snapped speedo/odo cable

Any advice or thoughts as to why BOTH would become inop?

·
Registered
971 Posts
Speedometer and odometer are cable driven on an '84 so no hunting down fuses.

There are two cables...one from the drivers side of the transmission to the ex.gas
Sensor box ( a mileage counter) in the engine compartment just forward of the
Brake master cylinder. The second Cale exits the same box and runs through the fire
Wall and up to the back of the speedometer.

The cables may be purchased separately or replaced with one cable (from late 70's
Model spiders).

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
good to know. i searched a couple aftermarket online stores and couldnt find anything, any tips on where to find this cable?

·
Administrator
17,465 Posts
any tips on where to find this cable?
Do you mean where the cable is located in the car or where to buy a new one?

For the former scroll up to reply #2. For the latter it'd help to know where in the internets you are located. In the 'Anything About Alfa Romeos' section there is a 'Suppliers' thread listing Alfa Romeo parts suppliers worldwide (well, North America & Europe anyway).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts