Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I would post to this group as people who could appreciate this project. I picked up an 84 spider veloce a while back that had been largely ignored for a long time. The original tan interior had been painted black (not very well), the seats weren't original spider seats, there were 17 electrical/instrument issues, the heater core leaked, and almost every trim piece was broken. Over the last month I have completely rehabbed the interior, fixed every electrical issue, and had the heater core repaired. Thanks to everyone who helped answer my questions and a few people who had hard-to-find parts. Below is a list of almost everything replaced/repaired and some pics of the process. Thanks again to you all - a fantastic community of enthusiasts!

-Heater core repaired
-Heater valve replaced
-new heat and sound insulation installed
-Carpet replaced (no kit. I sewed all the hems)
-Seats recovered with Lseat leather covers
-Dash repaired (I ended up using a cap. I was never happy with the crack repairs)
-Door cards replaced (Built from scratch with 1/8" hardboard)
-Custom shifter boot and Brake cover to match other interior
-Mahogany inserts added to dash and center console
-Repaired all instruments, lights, and switches - everything works!
-Epoxied 1000 trim pieces and recovered or painted (only a slight exaggeration)
-Installed bluetooth head unit

I still have a few small items to fix/touch-up and I'm in the process of making custom floor mats (from the same carpet) and a mahogany Brake handle.

Before:

IMG_8410.jpeg IMG_8411.jpeg IMG_8537.jpeg

Insulation:

IMG_8551.jpeg

Carpet:

IMG_8552.jpeg IMG_8800.jpeg

Finish:

IMG_8823.jpeg IMG_8824.jpeg IMG_8826.jpeg

·
Registered
7,668 Posts
great work, what an improvement!

·
Premium Member
1,497 Posts
Nice! Most custom jobs look worse than factory but I think yours look better!

Is that one piece of carpet across the floor? Did you have to heat it or stretch it at all?

What did you do with the old seats, those look like Recaros?

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,602 Posts
Congrats! Looks great!

A real labour of love.

Enjoy the drive!

Vin

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Now that is something to be proud of! You do terrific work, and the carpets especially look very high quality. The improvement is in the neighborhood of 1000%!

·
Registered
471 Posts
WOW O WOW having a nice interior is just as important as the engine and the body/paint. You set in the interior more then wrenching on it or looking at the body. I love what you did!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice! Most custom jobs look worse than factory but I think yours look better!

Is that one piece of carpet across the floor? Did you have to heat it or stretch it at all?

What did you do with the old seats, those look like Recaros?

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
Thanks! I was able to do most of the floor with one piece with a hemmed overlap off the sides. I had to do a couple seams - one by the front speakers and one at the back middle corners at the rear of each of the pans. The seams aren't great, but overall I'm pretty happy. I used a carpet called Superflex. I hoped it would be more stretchable. It had a small amount of stretch to it, but I'm not sure how well it will hold up.

I did have some Recaros prior to the rehab. They were beat up and sat a little unevenly. I ended up giving them to a guy who was restoring an 81 Rabbit. They were perfect for his project.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts