Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a newbie to the alfa, my car is not getting gas I've tried a few things, the last was hooking my battery charger to the fuel pump ad the car would run just fine, I've located the control unit but don't know how to check it, any idea's that I can try

bewman:confused:

·
1966-2013
13,741 Posts
First bring us pictures, second check your battery voltage during cranking as anything less than around 10.5 will cause the ECU to not activate, (prolly not your issue as you could indeed get the engine to run), third check the fuse under the cargo shelf for intact and continuity then replace the fuse anyway with a known new one as they can get ugly all by themselves over time and make you chase shadows, fourth please to click the L-jet diagnostics link in my signature block for likely more information than you'll want to know all at once.

Welcome to the party :)

EDIT
Side note:
The fuel pump system is not actually owned and operated by the ECU.
It's got its own way of doing things and the only real relation the pump system has to the ECU is that it also activates the relay that powers the injectors, while the ECU fires the injectors by controlling the ground circut of that relay.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts