Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ALFA VS DODGE..IN 1985 AFTER SHELBY LEFT FORD AND WENT TO FIX DODGE K CARS FOR CHRYSLER THEY SEND A FACTORY DODGE-SHELBY OMNI GLH CAR TEAM TO DIFERENT COLLEGES AND UNIVERSITIES THRUGHOUT TEXAS TO PROMOTE THEIR NEW CARS AND ACTUALLY RACED THEM AGAINST THE LOCALS ON A TIMED CROSS COUNTRY RACE,ON THE DIFFERENT SCHOOLS, STADIUM PARKING LOTS. I WAS ABLE TO TAKE THEM ON A CHALLENGE WITH MY SHANKLE ENGENEERING,ALFA ROMEO GTV6 WITH WHICH I KNOCKED THE SOCKS OUT OF ALL THE FACTORY DODGE SHELBYS GLH'S, THEY RAN THAT DAY. BUT I GUESS BEING A COLLEGE STUDENT THEN AND NOT REALLY CARING ABOUT IT, EXCEPT TO HAVE A GOOD SUNDAY RACE DAY,EXPERIENCE,WHEN I GOT TO THE FINNISH LINE, JUST LIKE IN THE MOVIE. THEIR JUDGES DENIED MY WIN AND GAVE THE WINNING TO THEIR OWN TRUE STORY...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Cool Story.
You should have pics to go with it. I know back in the day no one was carrying cameras on their pockets.

·
Premium Member
13,498 Posts
Posts in all caps are hard to read. I suggest that you make the extra effort to use the shift key if you want the most people to read yours.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to the forum. Cool Story.
You should have pics to go with it. I know back in the day no one was carrying cameras on their pockets.
the night before all my friends and I went out drinking to a local bar then, and I thought to myself I really shouldn't be here doing this as I was looking forward for some *** kickin on the race track the next day any ways we did drink a little too much and walked home. The next morning we were all tired and sleepy and very very thursty and hungry, yet we made to the event track or whatever it was, and I always had the extra weight of a friend in the car in each hit as they call it since they all wanted to experience the racing feeling inside the ALFA GTV6, something the promoters didn't do they all raced alone obviously, and yet my little ALFA GTV6 knicked named by the organizers the red Italian meatball,respectfully managed to embarrass them all day long no nobody and had a camera then.Now I wish I can win the lottery so I can get me a 2020 Giulia quadrifoglio,hahaha.Yea maybe someday that's what I call gorgeous the same melodic V6 but with factory twins and all the modern gadgets maybe we can run it against a new GT350 ON SLALOM! cause the older Shelbys are just pick up trucks with auto bodies.By the way Ive seen the movie five times in theaters.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts