Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ALFA VS DODGE..IN 1985 AFTER SHELBY LEFT FORD AND WENT TO FIX DODGE K CARS FOR CHRYSLER THEY SEND A FACTORY DODGE-SHELBY OMNI GLH CAR TEAM TO DIFERENT COLLEGES AND UNIVERSITIES THRUGHOUT TEXAS TO PROMOTE THEIR NEW CARS AND ACTUALLY RACED THEM AGAINST THE LOCALS ON A TIMED CROSS COUNTRY RACE,ON THE DIFFERENT SCHOOLS, STADIUM PARKING LOTS. I WAS ABLE TO TAKE THEM ON A CHALLENGE WITH MY SHANKLE ENGENEERING,ALFA ROMEO GTV6 WITH WHICH I KNOCKED THE SOCKS OUT OF ALL THE FACTORY DODGE SHELBYS GLH'S, THEY RAN THAT DAY. BUT I GUESS BEING A COLLEGE STUDENT THEN AND NOT REALLY CARING ABOUT IT, EXCEPT TO HAVE A GOOD SUNDAY RACE DAY,EXPERIENCE,WHEN I GOT TO THE FINNISH LINE, JUST LIKE IN THE MOVIE. THEIR JUDGES DENIED MY WIN AND GAVE THE WINNING TO THEIR OWN TRUE STORY...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Cool Story.
You should have pics to go with it. I know back in the day no one was carrying cameras on their pockets.

·
Premium Member
13,153 Posts
Posts in all caps are hard to read. I suggest that you make the extra effort to use the shift key if you want the most people to read yours.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts