Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished putting the head back on my spider after replacing a stupid me bent valve. Well, I didn't replace the valve, I had a local expert in Pensacola Florida graciously help me out.

I've got everything buttoned up except I can't find the vacuum line in the passenger side of the engine compartment that connect to the 'clear' vacuum line that goes back to the altitude sensor. It was connected prior to disassembly but I can't find it now that I'm putting things back together.

Where can I look in the engine compartment for the source of vacuum? I'm tired of looking in the engine compartment and online. I know its staring me in the face but I cant seem to find it for anything.

help, picture or diagram is apreciated. I'm ready to get this thing back on the road!

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Found it. The vacuum line to the altitude sensor originates at the port on a intake manifold, directly below the larger vacuum line that goes from the intake manifold to the brake booster. I should have ordered red lines from Greg Gordon instead of black!

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You might very well be right. Looking at the drawing on the L-Jetronic page, I guess I'm referring to the one with the manifold pressure sensor that has vacuum line that runs up to the engine compartment.

Anyway, got the car started tonight and it sounded good. I'll dig it out in the morning and take it for a drive and do the re torque stuff.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts